MartNet News /
NOC / System Status
Web Site Construction
Unix / Linux
Game Server Services
Policies / Legal
Game Server Services
Privacy and Security
Unix / Linux
Game Server Services
Misc. Support Links
Content Ratings: Beginner | Intermediate | Advanced | Developer |
137 Pages were found:
- Connecting With Linux - Configuring netcnfg for XWindows
- Connecting With Linux - A brief primer on connecting with various distributions of Linux
- Connecting with Mac OS - How to configure your dial up settings manually
- Connecting with Mac OS X - How to configure your dial up settings
- Connecting with MacOS - Using Apple's Automated Internet Setup Assistant
- Connecting with MacOS (7.xx and below) - These instructions are for use primarily with older Macs (running MacOS 7.x.)
- Connecting with Red Hat Linux - Brief instructions on connecting with Red Hat.
- Connecting with Red Hat Linux - Setting up the Red Hat linuxconf file
- Connecting with Windows 2000 - How to configure your Windows 2000 computer to connect to Martnet
- Connecting with Windows 95 - A step-by-step walkthrough.
- Connecting with Windows 98 - A step-by-step walkthrough.
- Connecting with Windows ME - A step-by-step walkthrough
- Connecting with Windows XP - How to configure your XP computer to connect to Martnet
- Dial-up Settings - These settings work with MartNet's Standard Dial-up Internet Access accounts.
- HALF-LIFE / COUNTER-STRIKE CUSTOMERS README.FIRST: I have my server. Now what? - A quick (REAL quick) Linux Walkthrough
- MartNet WebAdmin - Read Mail - Sending and Receiving E-Mail via the Web
- RTCW/Q3/JK2/SOF2/MOHAA: Read me first! - I have a game server, now what?
- Setting up Apple's Mail to check your MartNet Mail - Using Apple's default email program to check your mail
- Setting up MS Outlook (or Express) to check your MartNet Mail
- Settings for Virtual Hosting accounts - These settings work with MartNet's Standard Web Hosting accounts.
- .biz Domain Name Registration Agreement - Legal information concerning your .biz Domain Name Registration
- .com, .net, and/or .org Domain Name Registration and Transfer Agreement - Legal information concerning your .com, .net, and/or .org Domain Name Registration
- .info Domain Name Registration Agreement - Legal information concerning your .info Domain Name Registration
- Accessing your shell account - Enabling your linux shell account
- Adding audio to your site - Information on adding audio to your web site.
- AdminMod and your HL engine server - For working with Counter-Strike and Team Fortress Classic (cs, dod, and tfc).
- Advanced SpamAssassin Techniques - Using Procmail to Route Your Spam
- Advanced Web Site Development - An introduction to writing CGIs
- Alternatives to AOL - Links to some great applications to replace AOL.
- Automatically restarting HL / CS with crontab - How to get an automagic restart in case of reboot or crash
- Avoiding Fraud - How to avoid getting scammed on the internet
- Changing your default Unix shell type
- Changing your DNS Numbers - MacOS and Windows9x
- Changing your Martnet Password - How to change your martnet password, and tips for keeping it secure.
- Common Browser Errors - Description of common browser error messages and their meanings.
- Copyright Information - Our Copyright Statement and other legal disclaimers concerning the content of this site.
- Counter-Strike 1.4 - Running in Secure Mode
- Counter-Strike: Brief Linux Primer - A quick start guide on what to do with your new CS server.
- Dealing with Adware and Spyware - Finding and removing the new internet annoyance
- Default Shell Limits - Resource limitations (memory, open files) for all shell, game, and hosting accounts
- Disk Quotas - Getting quota violation messages? Read me!
- Domain Name Basics - Brief Description of Domains and what they are.
- Domain Name Registration and Availability - Where do I start?
- Domain Names, Expirations and Renewals - How to make sure your website doesn't mysteriously disappear
- E-Commerce Basics - Selling products from your website
- Forged MartNet Notices (Virus) - The Beagle.J worm and fake emails
- Fraudulent Invoicing for Domains - How to avoid having a domain name transfered to another registration service.
- Game Server Services - Blazing Fast Dedicated Linux Servers for all your fragging needs!
- Game Server Services FAQS - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers. READ THEM OVER before you call us and sound l4m3...
- Game Server Services Links - Links to other relevent resources
- Getting Help - How to get Support for all MartNet Services
- Getting to Know Your Configs - Quake 3, RTCW, Jedi Outcast, SoF 2, and Medal of Honor AA
- Half-Life 22.214.171.124 / Counter-Strike 1.5 - Status and Upgrade Info
- HLTV: Half-Life Television - What port number to assign
- How to Choose a Web Designer - and how not to
- How to Create Custom Error Pages - how to create your own 400, 401, 404, etc.
- How to run Ikonboard - getting your online forum started
- How to Run phpBB - Using the phpBB forum system
- How to use Eudora to check more than one mailbox. - For Mac OS
- How To Use MartNet Webmail - An overview for all customers
- How to Use Pico - Instructions and commands for the popular text editor.
- How to use Pine - Instructions and Commands for using this popular mail program
- How to use Secure Shell - general information for all platforms
- Installing and Using Psychostats - The Simplest Possible Method
- Instant Messenger Programs - ICQ, AIM, and People Link
- Instructions for using Pico - popular text editor for Linux
- Internet Abuse Policy - This document goes hand in hand with the Rules. It covers our Net Abuse Policy and how to report infractions of our rules to us
- Internet Basics - How to Save Files from the web
- Internet Basics - How to Find Your IP Address (Win 98/95/00)
- MartNet Modem configurations - Just in case you have a really old modem that needs an init string.
- MartNet Rules and Regulations - Common sense listing of rules governing use of all MartNet services
- MartNet WebAdmin - Autoresponder - Setting up the email autoresponder
- Martnet WebAdmin - Change Password - Changing your MartNet Password
- MartNet WebAdmin - Connect to Your Shell Account - Logging in your account via the unix shell
- MartNet WebAdmin - Disk Quotas - Find out how much space you are using on your account
- Martnet WebAdmin - File Manager/FTP - Upload/Download and Edit files
- MartNet WebAdmin - GnuPG Encryption - Encrypting your documents with GnuPG
- MartNet WebAdmin - Language - Changing the Language of WebAdmin
- MartNet WebAdmin - Mail Forwarding - Forwarding your email to another address
- MartNet WebAdmin - Procmail Mail Filter - Using Procmail to filter mail
- MartNet WebAdmin - Running Processes - Viewing and killing processes you are running
- MartNet WebAdmin - SpamAssassin Mail Filter - Using SpamAssassin to filter spam out of your email box
- MartNet WebAdmin - System Documentation - Search man pages, google and more.
- Microsoft Entourage POP3 Settings - How to get your MartNet Mail via Entourage
- Modem problems - Why does my modem connect at a slower speed then my previous ISP?
- Moving a Domain Registered Through Network Solutions for HOSTING at MartNet - How to move your domain name to Martnet for HOSTING
- Moving your domain to Martnet for HOSTING - How to take an existing domain name, hosted at another ISP, and move it to Martnet's servers...
- MS Outlook (or Express) POP3 settings - Keeping or removing a copy of your mail on our servers
- MTX Virus Support - A simple fix for a common email virus
- Outlook Express - Message Rules - Using rules to route your mail in Outlook Express
- PHP read me file.
- Problems with emailing aol.com and other ISP's - Problems with other ISP's mail servers
- Problems with sending Martnet hosted email through AOL - Connecting with AOL but using Martnet Mail
- Programming with Perl - Trouble-shooting and fixing broken Perl scripts
- Removing Email from the Server - Using Outlook, Netscape Messenger, MacOS X Mail, or Webmail
- RTCW/ Q3/ SOF2/ JK2/ MoHAA/: custom maps - How to install custom maps on you Martnet game server.
- Sending MartNet mail from other Networks - I'm not dialed into Martnet and I want to send mail!
- Slaying the Lagmonster Part I - Network Lag: When your Ping Plotzes.
- Slaying the Lagmonster Part II - Machine Lag on HL-engine-based servers
- SPAM- The Plague of the internet - Why you get unsolicited emails and how to stop them.
- SSL Basics for Internet Users - Insecure about security?
- Statistics for your Website - Adjusting your Webalizer configuration file for more accurate webstats
- THE BEER PRAYER - ...
- The MartNet 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - MartNet offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee on most services. The official policy is provided Here for your inspection.
- The MartNet SPAM Policy - READ IT, FOLLOW IT. MartNet accepts NO EXCUSES and instantly removes accounts for violation of our Spam policies.
- Transfering the REGISTAR of your domain to Martnet / OpenSRS - Escaping the expensive clutches of Network Solutions
- Unreal Tournament: Getting Started - How to Set Up Your UT Server
- Uploading and Viewing Your Website - All the basic info you need to set up your site on Martnet's servers.
- Uploading your Web Page using MacOS - Using Fetch on a Machintosh OS 9.2 and below to Upload your files
- Using .htaccess - use .htaccess to restrict accessto all web documents by user and password.
- Using an OsCommerce shopping Cart - A guide for using this powerful shopping cart system
- Using CGI's at Martnet - A brief primer on where to put scripts.
- Using DadaMail (formerly MojoMail) - Basic user guide for this powerful mailing list manager
- Using Form Mail - Instructions for a popular mail CGI.
- Using Gallery - Basic operation of the online phto Gallery
- Using Internet Mail with yourMartNet Hosted Domain Name
- Using MS Outlook - Tips and Tricks: various things to make using Outlook easier and more convienent
- Using MS Outlook - Tips and Tricks for this popular email program
- Using MySQL - MySQL Database access for your MartNet Hosted Web Site
- Using Netscape - Using Netscape to FTP (copy) files
- Using Netscape Mail - Instructions for this internet mail program
- Using Real Audio on Martnet - Instructions on how to stream audio with Real Player
- Using Server Side Includes at Martnet - A brief primer on how to set up server side includes.
- Using SFTP - Upload and Download your files securely
- Using Usenet News - Using this popular newsgroup service
- Using WebAdmin Mail and the Martnet WebMail together - Making the switch
- UT: Installing Custom Maps
- Virus Blocking Info - why was my email blocked?
- Virus Information - The MartNet Virus Resource page
- Web 101 - Things to think about when setting up a website.
- Web Hosting Account Technical Features - Software and services available with your MartNet Hosting Account
- WebAdmin - Read Mail - Advanced Options - More Advanced Features of WebAdmin Mail
- Website Stats - Getting to know your stats page
- Welcome to nospam.martnet.com - MartNet's (Anti)-Spam Information Resource
- Windows dial-up errors - Error codes: Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 in dial-up or VPN connection
- Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook Express 6 - The "connection failure" error and what's going on
This Web Site is proudly built upon an Open Source foundation: