MartNet News /
NOC / System Status
Web Site Construction
Unix / Linux
Game Server Services
Policies / Legal
Game Server Services
Privacy and Security
Unix / Linux
Game Server Services
Misc. Support Links
137 Support Pages were found:
Page Ratings: Beginner | Intermediate | Advanced | Developer
- Moving your domain to Martnet for HOSTING - How to take an existing domain name, hosted at another ISP, and move it to Martnet's servers...
- Instant Messenger Programs - ICQ, AIM, and People Link
- Advanced SpamAssassin Techniques - Using Procmail to Route Your Spam
- MartNet WebAdmin - GnuPG Encryption - Encrypting your documents with GnuPG
- MartNet WebAdmin - SpamAssassin Mail Filter - Using SpamAssassin to filter spam out of your email box
- Programming with Perl - Trouble-shooting and fixing broken Perl scripts
- Forged MartNet Notices (Virus) - The Beagle.J worm and fake emails
- Using an OsCommerce shopping Cart - A guide for using this powerful shopping cart system
- Using Netscape - Using Netscape to FTP (copy) files
- Microsoft Entourage POP3 Settings - How to get your MartNet Mail via Entourage
- Outlook Express - Message Rules - Using rules to route your mail in Outlook Express
- Using Netscape Mail - Instructions for this internet mail program
- Using Usenet News - Using this popular newsgroup service
- Martnet WebAdmin - Change Password - Changing your MartNet Password
- Internet Basics - How to Save Files from the web
- Internet Basics - How to Find Your IP Address (Win 98/95/00)
- Virus Blocking Info - why was my email blocked?
- Using SFTP - Upload and Download your files securely
- Avoiding Fraud - How to avoid getting scammed on the internet
- How to Use Pico - Instructions and commands for the popular text editor.
- Using MS Outlook - Tips and Tricks: various things to make using Outlook easier and more convienent
- Using MS Outlook - Tips and Tricks for this popular email program
- MartNet WebAdmin - Disk Quotas - Find out how much space you are using on your account
- Domain Name Basics - Brief Description of Domains and what they are.
- Adding audio to your site - Information on adding audio to your web site.
- WebAdmin - Read Mail - Advanced Options - More Advanced Features of WebAdmin Mail
- How to Run phpBB - Using the phpBB forum system
- Connecting with Windows 2000 - How to configure your Windows 2000 computer to connect to Martnet
- Connecting with Mac OS - How to configure your dial up settings manually
- How to use Pine - Instructions and Commands for using this popular mail program
- Connecting with Red Hat Linux - Brief instructions on connecting with Red Hat.
- Connecting with Red Hat Linux - Setting up the Red Hat linuxconf file
- Connecting With Linux - Configuring netcnfg for XWindows
- Web 101 - Things to think about when setting up a website.
- Advanced Web Site Development - An introduction to writing CGIs
- Connecting with MacOS (7.xx and below) - These instructions are for use primarily with older Macs (running MacOS 7.x.)
- Common Browser Errors - Description of common browser error messages and their meanings.
- Connecting With Linux - A brief primer on connecting with various distributions of Linux
- MartNet Modem configurations - Just in case you have a really old modem that needs an init string.
- Windows dial-up errors - Error codes: Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 in dial-up or VPN connection
- Changing your Martnet Password - How to change your martnet password, and tips for keeping it secure.
- Modem problems - Why does my modem connect at a slower speed then my previous ISP?
- Connecting with Windows 95 - A step-by-step walkthrough.
- Changing your DNS Numbers - MacOS and Windows9x
- Using CGI's at Martnet - A brief primer on where to put scripts.
- SPAM- The Plague of the internet - Why you get unsolicited emails and how to stop them.
- Settings for Virtual Hosting accounts - These settings work with MartNet's Standard Web Hosting accounts.
- MS Outlook (or Express) POP3 settings - Keeping or removing a copy of your mail on our servers
- How to Create Custom Error Pages - how to create your own 400, 401, 404, etc.
- Using Form Mail - Instructions for a popular mail CGI.
- Martnet WebAdmin - File Manager/FTP - Upload/Download and Edit files
- Instructions for using Pico - popular text editor for Linux
- Using Server Side Includes at Martnet - A brief primer on how to set up server side includes.
- MartNet WebAdmin - Read Mail - Sending and Receiving E-Mail via the Web
- MartNet WebAdmin - Procmail Mail Filter - Using Procmail to filter mail
- MartNet WebAdmin - System Documentation - Search man pages, google and more.
- Changing your default Unix shell type
- Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook Express 6 - The "connection failure" error and what's going on
- E-Commerce Basics - Selling products from your website
- How to Choose a Web Designer - and how not to
- Uploading and Viewing Your Website - All the basic info you need to set up your site on Martnet's servers.
- Statistics for your Website - Adjusting your Webalizer configuration file for more accurate webstats
- Half-Life 18.104.22.168 / Counter-Strike 1.5 - Status and Upgrade Info
- Installing and Using Psychostats - The Simplest Possible Method
- Using Real Audio on Martnet - Instructions on how to stream audio with Real Player
- MartNet WebAdmin - Language - Changing the Language of WebAdmin
- Domain Name Registration and Availability - Where do I start?
- Using .htaccess - use .htaccess to restrict accessto all web documents by user and password.
- Problems with emailing aol.com and other ISP's - Problems with other ISP's mail servers
- PHP read me file.
- Using Internet Mail with yourMartNet Hosted Domain Name
- Game Server Services FAQS - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers. READ THEM OVER before you call us and sound l4m3...
- Game Server Services Links - Links to other relevent resources
- Dial-up Settings - These settings work with MartNet's Standard Dial-up Internet Access accounts.
- Setting up MS Outlook (or Express) to check your MartNet Mail
- Uploading your Web Page using MacOS - Using Fetch on a Machintosh OS 9.2 and below to Upload your files
- MartNet WebAdmin - Running Processes - Viewing and killing processes you are running
- Connecting with MacOS - Using Apple's Automated Internet Setup Assistant
- How to use Eudora to check more than one mailbox. - For Mac OS
- How to use Secure Shell - general information for all platforms
- Using WebAdmin Mail and the Martnet WebMail together - Making the switch
- Moving a Domain Registered Through Network Solutions for HOSTING at MartNet - How to move your domain name to Martnet for HOSTING
- Internet Abuse Policy - This document goes hand in hand with the Rules. It covers our Net Abuse Policy and how to report infractions of our rules to us
- The MartNet SPAM Policy - READ IT, FOLLOW IT. MartNet accepts NO EXCUSES and instantly removes accounts for violation of our Spam policies.
- MartNet Rules and Regulations - Common sense listing of rules governing use of all MartNet services
- The MartNet 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - MartNet offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee on most services. The official policy is provided Here for your inspection.
- Copyright Information - Our Copyright Statement and other legal disclaimers concerning the content of this site.
- Getting Help - How to get Support for all MartNet Services
- Dealing with Adware and Spyware - Finding and removing the new internet annoyance
- SSL Basics for Internet Users - Insecure about security?
- MTX Virus Support - A simple fix for a common email virus
- Using MySQL - MySQL Database access for your MartNet Hosted Web Site
- Web Hosting Account Technical Features - Software and services available with your MartNet Hosting Account
- MartNet WebAdmin - Connect to Your Shell Account - Logging in your account via the unix shell
- MartNet WebAdmin - Autoresponder - Setting up the email autoresponder
- MartNet WebAdmin - Mail Forwarding - Forwarding your email to another address
- Default Shell Limits - Resource limitations (memory, open files) for all shell, game, and hosting accounts
- .com, .net, and/or .org Domain Name Registration and Transfer Agreement - Legal information concerning your .com, .net, and/or .org Domain Name Registration
- .biz Domain Name Registration Agreement - Legal information concerning your .biz Domain Name Registration
- Transfering the REGISTAR of your domain to Martnet / OpenSRS - Escaping the expensive clutches of Network Solutions
- Setting up Apple's Mail to check your MartNet Mail - Using Apple's default email program to check your mail
- .info Domain Name Registration Agreement - Legal information concerning your .info Domain Name Registration
- Game Server Services - Blazing Fast Dedicated Linux Servers for all your fragging needs!
- Sending MartNet mail from other Networks - I'm not dialed into Martnet and I want to send mail!
- HALF-LIFE / COUNTER-STRIKE CUSTOMERS README.FIRST: I have my server. Now what? - A quick (REAL quick) Linux Walkthrough
- Slaying the Lagmonster Part I - Network Lag: When your Ping Plotzes.
- Connecting with Windows XP - How to configure your XP computer to connect to Martnet
- Unreal Tournament: Getting Started - How to Set Up Your UT Server
- Welcome to nospam.martnet.com - MartNet's (Anti)-Spam Information Resource
- THE BEER PRAYER - ...
- UT: Installing Custom Maps
- Counter-Strike: Brief Linux Primer - A quick start guide on what to do with your new CS server.
- AdminMod and your HL engine server - For working with Counter-Strike and Team Fortress Classic (cs, dod, and tfc).
- Connecting with Windows 98 - A step-by-step walkthrough.
- Slaying the Lagmonster Part II - Machine Lag on HL-engine-based servers
- How To Use MartNet Webmail - An overview for all customers
- Automatically restarting HL / CS with crontab - How to get an automagic restart in case of reboot or crash
- Problems with sending Martnet hosted email through AOL - Connecting with AOL but using Martnet Mail
- Domain Names, Expirations and Renewals - How to make sure your website doesn't mysteriously disappear
- Connecting with Mac OS X - How to configure your dial up settings
- Counter-Strike 1.4 - Running in Secure Mode
- HLTV: Half-Life Television - What port number to assign
- RTCW/ Q3/ SOF2/ JK2/ MoHAA/: custom maps - How to install custom maps on you Martnet game server.
- Virus Information - The MartNet Virus Resource page
- Website Stats - Getting to know your stats page
- RTCW/Q3/JK2/SOF2/MOHAA: Read me first! - I have a game server, now what?
- Getting to Know Your Configs - Quake 3, RTCW, Jedi Outcast, SoF 2, and Medal of Honor AA
- Connecting with Windows ME - A step-by-step walkthrough
- Disk Quotas - Getting quota violation messages? Read me!
- Removing Email from the Server - Using Outlook, Netscape Messenger, MacOS X Mail, or Webmail
- Fraudulent Invoicing for Domains - How to avoid having a domain name transfered to another registration service.
- Alternatives to AOL - Links to some great applications to replace AOL.
- Using DadaMail (formerly MojoMail) - Basic user guide for this powerful mailing list manager
- Accessing your shell account - Enabling your linux shell account
- How to run Ikonboard - getting your online forum started
- Using Gallery - Basic operation of the online phto Gallery
172 Questions and Answers were found:
- How do I delete an address book entry in Netscape?
- How do I edit an address book entry in Netscape?
- How do I address an email in Netscape using the address book?
- I'm getting an email that says:"
Hello there, I would like to inform you about important information regarding your email address. This email address will be expiring. Please read attachment for details."
What does this mean and is this from MartNet?"
- What is POP mail?
- What is PPP?
- Is my Computer compatible with Netscape's Smart Update?
- How to I get my page seen in a search engine?
- How do I compress email to save space?
- How do I book mark a site I haven't been to?
- How do I find exact phrases in a search engine?
- How do I avoid Internet Traffic Jams while downloading?
- How do I stream Wave files? (.wav)
- How do I save the results of a search?
- IExplorer: How do I save web pages so I can view them later?
- How do I ping a server? (Win95/98/NT)
- How do I include multiple attachments in an email? (Outlook)
- Outlook: All my folders and addresses disappear
- Why do I need a web page?
- How do I change my dail-up number?
- I'm trying to transfer my (.org, .info, or .biz) domain to/away Martnet and i need my Auth Info code. Where do I find that?
- What does SSL mean?
- How do I use SSL?
- Why do I get disconnected soon after I connect?
- Why can't I save my password in the Windows 95 /98 dialer?
- Why doesn't my modem connect at it's rated speed (ie: 56K)?
- What exactly IS this FAQ? Why is it here?
- Do I need a seprate program for chatting? Is it possible to chat to other people on the Internet?
- How do I download and use files from the Internet?
- I think I can MAKE MONEY FAST!!! on the Internet. Why don't more people take advantage of this exciting opportunity?
- If I don't check my MartNet email often, how can I forward all email going to my MartNet account to a different address, or a bunch of addresses?
- How do I filter email? Can I stop getting mail from firstname.lastname@example.org?
- How do I get a MartNet account?
- How do I cancel my MartNet account?
- I don't want my real name on my account, can you change it for me?
- What are the rules around here? I never got a copy!
- What is my username? Is it my email address??
- Why doesn't my backspace key work?
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- How do I pay for my MartNet account?
- What do I do if a web page makes my screen's colors distort?
- How do I renew my account? Why was I billed for another year?
- I'd like to use EmbPerl scripts on my site. I tried to
place them in my cgi-bin directory, but they won't run.
what file extension do I need to use?
where do I need to put the scripts?
what permissions do the scripts need?
What else do I need to do?
- Do you support MS FrontPage extensions?
- How do I log in to my MartNet WebAdmin control panel?
- _How *DARE* you tell me to seek another provider? Aren't you afraid of going out of business? Why don't you just do what I want?
- Do you support my favorite operating system?
- My friend told me he tried to send me mail and it bounced because of an "unable to create output error" - what does that mean?
- I had files in my directory and they are missing. Can you restore them?
- I was reading alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.really.really.nasty, and I saw things I'd like to keep for my perusal at a later date. I should email them to my MartNet account, right?
- I called information to get your voice number, and they gave me a number which makes screechy sounds when I call! What happened??
- FTP doesn't work anymore! what happened??? I need to update my html files RIGHT AWAY!!!
- I never leave my computer. How can I find out what's going on in the world?
- What cgi scripts are available? Is there a counter?
- How do I register www.schmoop.com?
- This FAQ sucks. Who is responsible for it? Can I complain?
- What advantage, if any, is there to a secure page using SSL?
- Why can I use https://www1.martnet.com/~accountname but not https://virtualhostname ?
- What kinda servers j00 got?
- What sort of connection will my server have?
- What do I do if I get disconnected and I'm right in the middle of a download?
- How do I use frames with SSL?
- Where do I install and how do I call secure cgi scripts?
- How do I get a secure form to send encrypted email?
- How do I correctly call a cgi script from within a secure form?
- Why is that when I try to access a secure web page on your server my browser shows an error message sayingsomething about an "unknown authority", and won't load the page.
- When I access my secure site, I get a message that says "One of the Certificates Has Expired." How do I fix that?
- Why am I having trouble connecting with my modem?
- Why do I get the error panel cannot connect to Host?
- Why does netscape give me the message unable to locate DNS server?
- Why can't I get my mail using Netscape?
- Why can't I reach some web sites from MartNet?
- I got Windows95, and now I can't connect to MartNet. What do I do
- Which side of the toliet paper should face out?
- How do I know how much space I have left on my account?
- Someone sent me unsolicited mail and I mailbombed them. Why did I get in trouble for that?
- My question isn't on here. How can I get help?
- How long would it take to get an account set up?
- I have been reading online about Verizon's new email policy: "Verizon e-mail servers will not deliver any mail originated by Verizon customers unless they have an e-mail address that ends in verizon.net, bellatlantic.net, or a ''domain name'' corresponding to a World Wide Web domain hosted by Verizon." I have Verizon DSL. What's up with this?
- Why can't you guys change my user name?
- I have been receiving increasing amounts of spam mail recently, and I was wondering if there are any particular settings on the shell account, or webmail or otherwise that would enable me to filter out junk mail.
- How do I update my domain name registration information?
- How can I collect my email when I am not at home? are there any websites
that would allow me to connect to Martnet? and then to my messages?
- Could you give me a brief explanation what I have to do to implement secure web
server (I have Virtual Hosting account)?
- How do I set up an autoresponder?
- I have a shell account on home.martnet.com. My email froze, so I logged
out, rebooted, and logged back on. Now my Inbox folder is "READ ONLY". I
can't delete any messages from it. This has happened before and usually
corrects itself within 5-10 minutes. But it has now been almost 20 minutes
and it's still "read only". What's the reason for this?
- Why can't i send mail through another mail server while I am dialed in Martnet?
- Why does is the time on my email set incorrectly? Are the time clocks on your server set to the wrong time?
- Do you offer DSL? No? Why don't you offer DSL anymore?
- What is the MartNet Domain Manager?
- Are you an ISP that will let me to use the 'shotgunning' dial-up technique, I.E. Hyperlink?
- Why can't I have adult content (pornography) on my site?
- I am using PHP on my website and can't get it to write or delete files.
I have double-checked the permissions for the file and directory, and
they both have "rwx" privileges set. Why can't I write / delete files
- Someone just e-mailed me a virus and now it's taken over my computer and
mailed itself to all my friends, and they're really ticked off. Then they
Back-Orificed my machine and stole all my files. Now I have to reformat my
hard drive and reinstall everything. Why did you let someone e-mail me a
- I have created some files that I want to use on my web site. The files work great until I upload them
to my site at Martnet and a .bin is added to the end of the file name, and the files don't work. What gives?
- If I'm downloading something and not surfing the web, will I be disconnected?
- How do I get rid of the AOL auto-start pop-up when I connect to Martnet?
- How do I change the reply to address in Outlook Express?
- What is the name of my mySQL database?
- How I can query my mySQL database directly for debugging purposes?
- Is there a perl API for mySQL?
- I am interested in trying some new things using PHP & mySQL on According to some random tutorial I was reading on MySQL, I need to either use ssh (or telnet) to log into the host and use the MySQL client programs (mysql, mysqladmin, mysqldump, etc.) installed there to interact with the MySQL server directly, or install those client programs on my own computer and have them connect to the MySQL server. Which of these methods do you support? Do I need to acquire a separate separate set of login & password info to access MySQL server?
- I was curious about setting up a mailing list for my MartNet Hosted Web Site. I was wondering, what sort of mail program do you use? Do you have any kind of included scripts for handling mailing lists? If not, what would you suggest would be appropriate for setting one up?
- How long can I remain online when I am connected through your dial up?
- I can receive mail from my MartNet virtual hosted email account, but when I try to send I get a "server not found" error message. I am connecting though another ISP (DSL, dial up or otherwise) and not a MartNet dial up account. Why can't I send mail?
- Why can't I see my email with Webmail or the shell? I also have Outlook Express...
- Why can't I use Microsoft Exchange after moving my computer off-campus / out of the office?
- Are there any hidden charges associated with your "unlimited internet access?"
- What are your system requirements to utilize your service?
- I try to get to webmail via my domain, and I get a '404 page not found' error. What's wrong?
- How do I pick the best CGI?
- What's an OC? Is that good? I have a T3 now, are you any faster?
- Can I run the Windows server of [insert game here]?
- OK then, how do I get started with this Linux server stuff?
- Hey man, we're a l33t clan that plays [whatever], can we test your
servers and get free stuff?
- Can I set our server's client rate to anything I want?
- I keep getting spammed (spam is unsolicited junk mail)! Why do you let people send me this junk?? Can't you stop it?
- Everytime I check my email I keep getting the same messages over and over again. Why is that?
- I keep getting the message "Error 629: Port disconnected by the remote computer"
- I'm getting a "4.2.10 - Access denied Error" with MySQL. I KNOW I'm using the right password... What's going on?
- Do you have a MySQL client installed that I can use to add and manipulate data in my MartNet Hosted MySQL database?
- I got a busy signal when I tried dialing up just now. What's up with that??
- Is there anyway to speed up login time? It takes me nearly a minute to get onto the system after I've dialed up.
- I use Outlook to check my mail via IMAP and all of the sudden my mail has disappeared! Where did it go?!
- Why can't i send mail through another mail server while I am dialed into Martnet?
- Is there any way that we can actually play on the server that we'll be renting from you to see if we get a CONSTANT better ping than our current server provider?
- Will you guarantee that you will not OVERLOAD our particular machine with customers which will result in loss of low ping once we have been with you for a bit and others join (how many games will you host on one machine at any given time)?
- Does Martnet support FDML files, or is that for Mac hosting only?
- How do I get AdminMod running with my Half-Life engine server (cs, dod, tfc)?
- Why do I get a "No transport provider" error when I try to send my to people through Outlook Express?
- D00D! I want to PLAY some of the games you host! What's the IP and port for (insert game name here)?
- Why does my server keep crashing??
- Send me junk mail i want it please i dont wanna get rid of it i want junk mail i want it send me special updates on stuff i dont care wut you do just get me junk mail please!!!
- I'd like to rent a gameserver but I'm under 18. How can I get one?
- I have NO idea how to run a Linux server. I do know how to use rcon though. Will this server be easy to run and type commands?
- Is it possible to reserve slots, so that only members of my clan can fill them?
- If my server crashes, will you reimburse me?
- My ping spiked for 10 seconds / my server crashed but no one else's did / i'm seeing strange things in my log files / i see dead people. Can i call you and discuss it for a few hours?
- UT: 'de' version mismatch
- How do I have my domain name that I registered elsewhere pointed at my MartNet hosted web site?
- I want to add an option, such as "-zone 8192" to the start command for my HalfLife server. How do I do this?
- What games and/or clans are currently hosted on MartNet's servers? Can I jump on one and play to see what they're like?
- How do I get my messages in Martnet Webmail to come up in Outlook?
- How do I check my MartNet Website statistics?
- How can I get my gameserver to restart automagically after a reboot?
- ARGH! I need help with my game server, what should I do?
- How do i create meta tags?
- Why can I not get my email using Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook Express 6? I'm getting a "connection failure" message and the Microsoft techs told me MartNet's servers down/at fault/to blame!
- Can I run pingbooster (or other add-ons of this ilk)?
- Counter-Strike 1.4: wassap widat?
- What is the Klez Virus?
- Counter-Strike: HOW the HECK do I get my 1.4 server to run in secure mode? Help!
- HLTV: I'd like to run this in Counter-Strike / other supported games. What port number should I use?
- I've received notice that my domain name is about to expire, what now?
- Global Ops: How does it work? What do I do? What the heck is it?
- What's the format for date/time for cron?
- I'm trying to send and attachment through Webmail and it keep bringing me back to the log on screen. What's wrong?
- Is your internet service heat sensitive b/c everytime we have a heat wave, I have problems connecting.
- My PHP3 files are all coming up with errors, what happened to PHP3?
- How does my "catch all" (or wildcard) email alias work?
- Why doesn't my server show up on gamespy? (MOH:AA v. 1.11)
- When I check my mail with Eudora, it says something about an SSL Certificate and it won't let me check my mail, how do I fix that?
- SOF2: My Sniper rifle is completely inaccurate! It never hits the target!
- SOF2: When I lean, the screen shakes! How do I fix this?
- What games /versions do you support? Can you install (insert game/version here) for me?
- Counter-Strike: How can I tell if VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) is running on my server?
- How do I get my SOF2 server to write log files?
- How much space do I get with my Game Server account?
- Why is the contact email on my domain name record listed as "username@WWW1.MARTNET.COM" and not "usernam@YOURDOMAIN.COM"?
- I'm switching over to a high speed connection, but I'd like to keep my "@martnet.com" email address, can I do that?
- I'm getting "returned email" notices to my mail box for emails that I never sent out. Why is that?
- I'm using a SFTP (secure FTP) program and I can't seem to connect, but I can connect fine through regular FTP, what's up with that?
This Web Site is proudly built upon an Open Source foundation: