Welcome to the Official EDO Homepage. I haven't got anything interesting
as of yet, but please check in soon.
For the latest show information please call the EDO hotline at (215)
who is the strangest, most fabulous, most daring,
most exciting, most modest band in america?
why EDO, of course...
Some people say EDO is the house band on Pluto.
Some people say EDO is more confusing than two cats
and a barbershop.
Some people say EDO sounds like a cross between
Frank Zappa and
Some people say EDO sounds like a cross between
and The Fugs.
Some people know better than to try to describe it. They smile and
hand you a copy of the CD. Then, they stand back and watch as you put
it on. You'll see what they're waiting for.
EDO was formed out of a vast amount of boiling broth.
until everything was beautiful and nothing hurt that was not supposed
to hurt. Added salt and joyful abandon. Served while hot! (This
recipe will provide ample portions for 1,250.)
"As completely brilliant as ever and completely unsignable" Margit
Detweiler, Philadelphia City Paper
"Frightening and unsettling, EDO is unmatched in its
ability to take a
crowd far from where they have been" MAPP
"A smart band, a disorienting band, one of the most important bands I
ever seen" Brian Felsen, PMC
"A truly fabulous band, a great live band, and extremely polite"
EDO wants you to hear the record, to see the band,
to smell the confusion,
and to taste the sauce.
EDO desires to spread its work as far and as wide as
possible (which is
pretty far and wide).
EDO wants to play on your stage, perform in your
city, whoop it up on your
airwaves, and sleep on your couch.
"Excellent Kick Ass Music" Vance Lemkuhl,
Philadelphia City Paper
"Goofy, talented, crisp, funny as hell, smart, always irreverent and
delightfully absurd" Welcomat
"Philly's most dangerous band, outrageous, loud and crazy"
Stuff for Sale
Mail order to: EDO - 4566 Silverwood St. Philadelphia PA 19127
Check or money order made out to Skoda Records.
Dont worry about postage and handling.
- Wrinkles (1994) - the cd. Its strange and powerful.
High Times liked it. $10
- Waltzing With The Dogs (1988) - The very first
cassette. Charming. $5
- MarkBillWalt (1995) - The most recent. A Fierce and
Wiggly Cassette. $5
- Our First Single (1992) - 'Convoy' b/w 'Youre So
Thin', 7. $3
- You Don't Have to Be Tom Jones (1993) - a terrific 4
way split 7 (us and 3 other fine bands) $3
if you want to get in touch with EDO, call 215-IT BE
or if you have a rotary dial phone, ring us up at 215-482-3749 or
email us at email@example.com..
4566 Silverwood Street
PHILADELPHIA PA 19127
11 East Willow Grove Ave
Philadlephia PA 19118
NO GIG TOO WEIRD!
(EDO is sick and tired of and wishes to
disassociate itself from anything
that might be described as 'post modern', 'slacker', or 'generation x'.
labels are, more often than not, for wankers.)
EDO Facts and Figures
(stuff we can't deny in court)
- Terry Simpkins - Drums
- Andy "Screech" McConnell - Guitar
- Peter "The Fishman" Wilder - Guitar
- John Thomas - Bass
- Eliot Duhan - Vocals
Things We Have Won:
- Welcomat "Best Band" 1994
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Alternative Showcase 1993
- Budweiser In Concert Program Sponsorship 1992-1994
- Mapp Magazine's Winner, Best Unsigned Band Contest 1992
- University of Pennsylvania Spring Fling Main Stage 1992-1994
- Philadelphia Music Conference Showcases 1993, 1994
- Delaware Valley Music Awards: Best Live Band, Most Original Band, Best
- Street Beat Awards, Best Party Band 1993
- Philly Rock Guide's "Best 11 Local Bands" 1993
- Featured on WMMR's "Street Beat", WDRE's "Local Edge", and WXPN's
and " Extra Local"
Sound Recordings We Have Made:
- Waltzing With The Dogs (Cassette, Shadow Records 001)
- The Name of the Band Is EDO (7", Blue Lunch
- Wrinkles (CD, Skoda Records 003)
- MAPP Magazine's Touch Everything (CD 1992)
- Eerie Materials' How to Kill Frank Sinatra (Cassette 1993)
- Starfish Production's If It Dropped Into Your Neighborhood, You'd
Up Too (CD1993)
- Coolidge Records' You Don't Have To Be Tom Jones (7" 1993)
- ActionAids/7 Records' Brothers and Sisters: Love from Philly
and a vast number of cassette only releases:
- the mason sessions
- the very great EDO demo tape
- seek medical attention
- strazz shoots
- strazz scores
- sluggo's delight
- sluggo's revenge
- sluggo strikes back
- dip shaking for science
- wolfe it down
- demented house organ
Some Of The Places We Have Played:
- Philadelphia, PA
- 40th Street Underground
- Chestnut Cabaret
- D.C Spoce, Clark Park Festival
- JC Dobb's
- Khyber Pass
- Painted Bride
- Philly Hemp Rally
- The Middle East
- Upstairs at Nick's
- Albany, NY - QE2, Bogie's, Valentine's
- Baltimore, MD - 8x10
- Binghamton, NY - Bourbon Street
- Boston, MA - Middle East
- Lancaster, PA - The Chameleon
- New York City - CBGB's, Nightengale's, Brownie's.
- Northhampton, MA - Iron House Music Hall
- Morgantown, WV - The Nyabingi Dance Hall
- Pittsburgh, PA - The Upstage, The Electric Banana
- Warren, PA - The Library Theatre
- Washington, DC - Black Cat, The Bayou
- Colleges and Universities:
- Swarthmore College
- Bryn Mawr College
- Williams College
- St. John's College
- Barnard College
- The Buxton School
- University of Pennsylvania (Pi Lam house)
- Haverford College